Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil_B
Contributor III
Contributor III

Publisher - QlikView Upgrade

Hi

We are hoping to upgrade our QlikView environment 11.20 to 12.10 Service Release 5.

We have one server for QlikView Server and another server for QlikView Publisher. I have read most of the available info on upgrading.

One thing I don't see mentioned is the upgrading of the QlikView Publisher, would any body be able to shine some light on this for me, is this upgraded ? or is just QlikView Server.     

Many Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Server and Publisher are both encapsulated in the same installer. When the installer detects an earlier installation of some or all of the QlikView services, it will upgrade just those that are available.

In other words: with the same installer, you can upgrade your QlikView Server platform and your separate QlikView Publisher platform.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Server and Publisher are both encapsulated in the same installer. When the installer detects an earlier installation of some or all of the QlikView services, it will upgrade just those that are available.

In other words: with the same installer, you can upgrade your QlikView Server platform and your separate QlikView Publisher platform.

anandsai4u
Creator
Creator

Hi Niel,

You have to upgrade both Qlikview Server and Qlikview Publisher and select individual component services accordingly.

Thanks & Regards

Anand Sai

Neil_B
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks both for you answers - yes that makes sense.

Regards