Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distinct Count

Hi all

i write an expression for counting distinct customers who bought from us with two condition:

1)  at least they bought 1 product from us

2) our sales to them minus sales returns be greater than zero

so i write this:

sum(aggr(DISTINCT(if((sum(SalesQTY*Price)>0) and ((sum(SalesQTY*Price)-sum(SalesReturnsQTY*Price))>0,1,0)),Customer's ID))

i used Date (YY-MM) as dimension but it shows me "No data to display"!

is my formula right?

tnx in advance

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

in my expression there is an "And", i think you missed it in your formula

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this first and look how this went?

If(Sum(SalesQTY*Price)>0 and (Sum(SalesQTY*Price)-Sum(SalesReturnsQTY*Price))>0, 1,0)

Then Try with out Summation

Aggr(If(Sum(SalesQTY*Price)>0 and (Sum(SalesQTY*Price)-Sum(SalesReturnsQTY*Price))>0, 1,0), [Customer's ID])

And then look and share snapshot for it

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Ahmad,

Sum(Aggr(If((Sum(SalesQTY*Price)>0) And ((Sum(SalesQTY*Price)-Sum(SalesReturnsQTY*Price))>0),1,0),[Customer's ID]))

Not applicable
Author

First one worked but the moment i used aggr function it shows me "No data to display"

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Switch to Pivot whether you are in Straight?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

No it does not work

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Can you upload a sample file?

Not applicable
Author

No i'm sorry ,all the data are in server i dont have access to them

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Create a straight table and add Customer as dimension and add below expression. If you are getting correct result then the aggr should work.

If((Sum(SalesQTY*Price)>0) And ((Sum(SalesQTY*Price)-Sum(SalesReturnsQTY*Price))>0),1,0)

Kushal_Chawda

try this

=count( DISTINCT {<CustomerID ={"=sum(SalesQTY*Price)>0 and sum(SalesQTY*Price)-sum(SalesReturnsQTY*Price)>0"}>}CustomerID)