Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distinct Count

Hi all

i write an expression for counting distinct customers who bought from us with two condition:

1)  at least they bought 1 product from us

2) our sales to them minus sales returns be greater than zero

so i write this:

sum(aggr(DISTINCT(if((sum(SalesQTY*Price)>0) and ((sum(SalesQTY*Price)-sum(SalesReturnsQTY*Price))>0,1,0)),Customer's ID))

i used Date (YY-MM) as dimension but it shows me "No data to display"!

is my formula right?

tnx in advance

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

in my expression there is an "And", i think you missed it in your formula

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this first and look how this went?

If(Sum(SalesQTY*Price)>0 and (Sum(SalesQTY*Price)-Sum(SalesReturnsQTY*Price))>0, 1,0)

Then Try with out Summation

Aggr(If(Sum(SalesQTY*Price)>0 and (Sum(SalesQTY*Price)-Sum(SalesReturnsQTY*Price))>0, 1,0), [Customer's ID])

And then look and share snapshot for it

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Ahmad,

Sum(Aggr(If((Sum(SalesQTY*Price)>0) And ((Sum(SalesQTY*Price)-Sum(SalesReturnsQTY*Price))>0),1,0),[Customer's ID]))

Not applicable
Author

First one worked but the moment i used aggr function it shows me "No data to display"

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Switch to Pivot whether you are in Straight?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

No it does not work

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Can you upload a sample file?

Not applicable
Author

No i'm sorry ,all the data are in server i dont have access to them

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Create a straight table and add Customer as dimension and add below expression. If you are getting correct result then the aggr should work.

If((Sum(SalesQTY*Price)>0) And ((Sum(SalesQTY*Price)-Sum(SalesReturnsQTY*Price))>0),1,0)

Kushal_Chawda

try this

=count( DISTINCT {<CustomerID ={"=sum(SalesQTY*Price)>0 and sum(SalesQTY*Price)-sum(SalesReturnsQTY*Price)>0"}>}CustomerID)