Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create multiple text values on Bar Chart

I keep getting asked this question and have been unable to find an acceptable working solution.

We have a bar chart that has two dimensions (entity and rating). We have one expression for the count.  The bar charts are stacked. I've attached a picture for reference.

The question we keep getting asked is can we have the percentage relative to one of the ratings along with the total number. In other words, if entity "ABC" has 100 Pass ratings and 5 Marginal Rating and 10 Fail Ratings, the user would like to see the total count and the percentage of fails next to each bar on the chart. So the display for this entity would show for example "115 / 8.70%".

Obviously, we can create tables of numbers that show this information, but the users want the visual appeal of the chart with the number right there and not have to look around or try to associate line 1 with line 1 from a text grid, etc...

52 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Please create a new thread and add a more detailed description of your requirement, best by adding a small sample QVW and your expected result.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I have an identical problem to this but the bar chart isn't stacked. When I follow the directions to untick Bar, the entire bar disappears, but the values show correctly. Is there a way to fix this?

berryandcherry6
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Stefan,

i am having same requirement and following some of links https://community.qlikview.com/thread/86928  , Display text values on status chart (Bar, Gauge or Block or ???)  and https://community.qlik.com/thread/235349 But i am not able to achieve this in Qliksense. Will this work in Qliksense?

Any suggestion, workaround or response is welcomed.

See attached qvf file. Where in bar chart i am trying to display in format   48(24%)     .