cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satishsure
Contributor
Contributor

Can we have the cyclic group option in qlik sense

I  have application which is to be migrate to Qliksense.Are we having this Cyclic Group option in Qlik Sense.If yes please let guide me.

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can start on Google / Bing ASAP to get suitable answers

Creating a Cyclic Group in Qlik Sense

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Add Alternate Dimensions in your chart, it is same as Cycle Group in Qlikview.

Check this link hope it helps you.

https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjuotCzo...

satishsure
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Jagan..I am looking in straight table but it is for charts

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Satish,

Direct option is not available in Qlik Sense but you can achieve same with the help of variable extension.

http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/56728f52d1e497241ae697f8

Under variable extension you define variable name(vApp) and ids(1,2,3,4...7) to that variable and then create a new calculated dimension and write an expression like

=Pick(Match($(vApp),1,2,3,4,5,6,7),Field1,Field2,Field3,Field4,Field5,Field6,Field7)

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

satishsure
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your Help ..Rohit..I am trying to use it in Pivotal table and not able to update the label.Function is not evaluating.

CyclicGroup1-Test.jpg

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Satish,

Label are not derived by any expression or function in Qlik Sense.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You may want to look on my app and tutorial about creating a Cycle Group equivalent in Qlik Sense, without using an extension:

Create a Cycle Group in Qlik Sense (without extensions)

Steve