Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connection to the Qlik Sense engine failed for unspecified reasons.

Qlik Sense 3.1 server issues this message on login to hub: "An error occurred Connection to the Qlik Sense engine failed for unspecified reasons. Refresh your browser or contact your system administrator."

Any assistance or ideas would be appreciated. I'm relatively new to Qlik; this is the first time we've tried to install 3.1.

35 Replies
mikegrattan
Creator III
Creator III

Problem resolved after a three-hour call with Qlik Sense technician and senior engineer.

Changes made to server:

On Windows Server firewall:  Updated allowed ports to include 80, 443, 4239, 4241-4244, 4248, 4432, 4444, 4545, 4555, 4747, 4899, 4900, 4949, 5050, 5151, 9028. This firewall rule already existed, but needed to have inbound ports 4949 and 9028 added.

Enabled IPv6

Added 'sense_system' account to Qlik Windows services (except the database, which is still set to local system).

andydietler
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

This fixed it for me. I already had entries for the servername and the ip address, but I was trying to access by the full domain (i.e. https://servername.domain.com/) I had to add another entry for servername.domain.com and then the error went away.

Not applicable
Author

These answers are clear and they fixed this message for me, but I had no idea where to "white list" something.

It is in the QMC > Virtual Proxies > (Choose your Virtual Proxy and edit it; or add new) > Advanced > Add new value.

Screenshot:

host white list.png

shaan007
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Worked for me!

reanfadyl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

This worked for me too.

Not applicable
Author

Sir, I am facing the same issue now. I hope you have resolved this issue long back. Can you help me with it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you petrikbela

It Worked!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It works for me as well, but does such action have any other effect?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just an update, it works only for windows and android platforms but not with IOS even IPhone 6 with IOS11.0.2, any ideas?

sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Mike,

I am running into the similar issue.

One of the user with Iphone 5 is working fine but a couple of users with Iphone 6 and 8(ios 11.2.5) get the same error.

I whitelisted the following (and it still gives errors):

• IP address of server
  • actual host name
  • DNS name

Do you know if it has anything to do with the version of ios?

Thank you!

Regards,

Sujeet Shirude