Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anjali0108
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Large data insert and update

Hi All,

I am working on one account where data is large.The task scheduled to pull data for the module is also for every 10 mins.

Also, Whenever I have to pull older records I have to divide the intervals so that I will not get the error "Field length:100494 exceeds maximum limit of 65535.[10232]" and it takes a lot of time to fetch data even for a month or some days.

I am using the attached qvw for pulling the same (for reference).

• Also,I use the following script for incremental load:

===========================================================================================

MaxModifiedDate:

LOAD

Timestamp(max(sys_updated_on),'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss') as Max_ModifiedDateTime   

FROM

[..\Raw Data\Incident.qvd]

(qvd);

LET vMaxModifiedDate= peek('Max_ModifiedDateTime');

INCREMENTAL:

SQL SELECT *

FROM "SCHEMA".OAUSER."incident" where sys_updated_on >='$(vMaxModifiedDate)';

Concatenate

LOAD  *

FROM

[..\Raw Data\Incident.qvd]

(qvd) where not exists(number);

Store INCREMENTAL into [..\Raw Data\Incident.qvd](qvd);

==================================================================================================

I have 2 requirements:

First:

Many a times ,I see the task failed error even after pulling for 10 mins because of the field length exceed error.

Can anybody tell me if there is any way I can merge the logic of data pull(as in attached qvw) in the script written above to avoid field length exceed error?

Second:

Is there any script that I can use for insertion and updation of records while merging new QVD with older QVD as mine shows running for a long time?

Please suggest.

Hope you understand what I am looking for?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Believe, that the error is produced by your ODBC-connector, have you been able to identify, where this error incurred (fieldname, content, length, special characters .....).

Incremental load might be done with a script like:

ExistingData:

LOAD key, ... FROM MyData.QVD (QVD);

NewData:

CONCATENATE (ExistingData) LOAD key, ..... FROM ..... WHERE NOT EXISTS(key);

STORE NewData INTO MyData.QVD (QVD);

Peter

sonysree88
Creator II
Creator II

Please find the below URL to do the incremental load

https://www.analyticsvidhya.com/blog/2014/09/qlikview-incremental-load/