Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis - calculate data from the past

Hello,

I want to calculate data from a moment in the past with a formula and set analysis, but it does not work like this

=Sum({<Year_Month={"=$(=MonthName(AddMonths(Year_Month,-3)))"}>}FC_KG)

Year_Month  has format 'mon YY', such as Apr 2017

Thanks for you answer

Kind regards

10 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Try

=SUM({<Year_Month = {"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(Year_Month),-3),'MMM YY'))"}>}FC_KG)

or

=SUM({<Year_Month = {"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(Year_Month),-3),'MMM YYYY'))"}>}FC_KG)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

IS there any selections happening in Year_Month ??? If so, Remove equal symbol before the $ indicator and then check

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Try

Sum({<Year_Month={'$(=MonthName(Date#(Year_Month,'MMM YYYY'),-3))'}>} FC_KG)

Regards,

Antonio

Not applicable
Author

this is working but only shows data for 1 month, if I remove the Max function, it is no longer working, no translation is done in the formula

Not applicable
Author

there is nothing selected, all selections are cleared

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

What exactly you are looking for?

1) If something selected

2) If nothing selected..

Not applicable
Author

hi Manish,

I have a table with year_month, material and data,

I want to show the data from the past, meaning the data that was reported 3 months ago,

so, if in the table year_month is equal to apr 2017, it should show the data of jan 2017, and this for all months in the table,

I cannot get this working, have tried a number of different syntaxes

thanks for your reply

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You can't use Set Analysis in this case.. As set expression is calculated once per chart..
you can use something like

Above(Sum(Sales),3)

sonysree88
Creator II
Creator II

Please use the below expression in the expression tab

sum({<[A/C Type]={'Direct Staff Costs*'}, FinResultsDate={'>=$(=date(date#('01/09/2016','DD/MM/YYYY'),'MMM-YY'))<=$(=max(FinResultsDate))'}>} [USD amount])

Regards,

Sony