Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pritamdeb
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Is this QlikView setup possible?

Hello,

I have a client who is looking to setup silos for each Business Unit. The requirement is that each business unit should have their own QVS, QMS and QDS (across 2 physical machines) but should share the same Web Tier (IIS, QVSS and DSC) so that the business users do not have to worry about multiple URLs.

Is this setup even possible where there is a common Access Point but separate QMC/QVSs? Can 2 QMC's control the same services?

Personally, I don't think that this is possible but I just wanted to get some opinions before I can go back to the client.

Also, if I may add, there is a requirement that the Web Tier and the QVS tier should be clustered across Production and DR.

Pritam

Qlik Architecture.JPG

13 Replies
pritamdeb
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Yes, it is. Don't know why my previous responses were delayed in getting moderated.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have not seen anyone use QlikView clustering for DR. Windows Clustering or other replication technology, yes.  Perhaps someone who has used QV Clusters for DR can chime in on the issues.

-Rob

pritamdeb
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Rob. This is the expected setup

Service - Production/DR

---------------------------------

IIS - Active/Active (Network Load Balanced)

QVSS - Active/Active

DSC - Active/Active (Clustered)

QVS - Active/Active (Clustered)

QDS - Active/Passive

QMS - Active/Passive

Source Folders - Active/Passive

User Folders - Active/Passive

SAN replication will be used to get the QVPR, Source and User Folders across to the DR site.

Pritam

pritamdeb
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Rob, Peter for the responses.

Closing this thread as we have reached out to Qlik Enterprise Architecture team.