D              1500        C           S         1243

E              1100        N           M         1246

F              3500        C           M         1245

E              1500        C          M          1246

G              1400        N          M           1247

H              600          C         M           1248

H              900          N         S            1249

G             1200         C         M            1247

Now if we perform a Pareto analysis on the above data, we see that the Vendors C,E,G and H are in Bottom 20%. Now I'd like to select the records of these Vendors with Type='N' and Type1='M'. So the dataset reduces to:

E  1100   N    M   1246

G  1400   N   M    1247

Now for these codes in the entire dataset, I'd like to display a stacked bar chart giving the amount Under the type 'C' and 'Top 80% N'(ie, Top 80% Vendors in Pareto among only Vendors in Type N). So the Type C here would display 2700(1500 from E and 1200 from G). The Top 80% N part would display 0 as neither E or G come under Top 80% in the Pareto done on only type 'N'.

If anyone can help me achieve this entire process(right from selecting only data from Bottom 20% of Type1='M' and Type = 'N' to the end) which seems very complicated and is just beyond me at the moment, I'd be really really grateful. TIA!

stalwar1loveisfailsibusiso90

Labels (1)
  • Chart

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Here you are

Capture.PNG

Dimension

=ValueList('Type C', 'Top 80% N')

Expression

Pick(Match(ValueList('Type C', 'Top 80% N'), 'Type C', 'Top 80% N'),

Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'C'},

Code = {"=Count(DISTINCT {<Vendor = {""=Sum({<Vendor>}Aggr(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor>} TOTAL Sales), 0, RowNo())), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor>} Sales),Desc)))) >= 0.8""}, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>}Code) >= 1"}>} Sales),

Sum({<Vendor,

Code = {"=Count(DISTINCT {<Vendor = {""=Sum({<Vendor>}Aggr(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor>} TOTAL Sales), 0, RowNo())), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor>} Sales),Desc)))) > 0.8""}, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>}Code) >= 1"},

Vendor = {"=Sum({<Vendor>}Aggr(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor>} TOTAL Sales), 0, RowNo())), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor>} Sales),Desc)))) <= 0.8"},

Type = {'N'}>} Sales))

Also, please find attached the application with this email.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
sunny_talwar

Can you post a qvf where this data is already loaded.....

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello. Here's the qvf. Hope you understood what I'm trying to achieve. To add to above, let's say there's an extra record:

Vendor    Type    Type1    Sales   Code

A              N       M           800     1246

As A falls under Top 80% in Pareto among Vendors of type N, the bar chart should display 800 under 'Top 80%N'. Hope that makes it more clear. Thanks again!

sibusiso90
Creator III
Creator III

I hope this helps, but I didn't incorporate the 20% part please advice on what we should do because I didn't understand your statement there. I hope the QVF help but if you need more help don't hesitate to ask for help

sibusiso90
Creator III
Creator III

Please draw a chart or use simple numbers to drive all your calculations as to show how you get that vendor A is under 80%, not following the logic here at all which makes it hard to help

sunny_talwar

Type A part can be accomplished with this

Sum(Aggr(If(Sum(Aggr(

Rangesum(

Above(

Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/

Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales)

, 0, RowNo())

)

, (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc)))) > 0.8

, Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'C'}>} Sales)),

(Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc))))

Now I understood why Top 80% for Type N was 0 in the first dataset, but what I am not sure is why would adding this row of data change things?

Vendor    Type    Type1    Sales  Code

A              N      M          800    1246

Does adding this bring this to the bottom 20% with Type='N' and Type1='M'? Because I thought we only need to bring those Vendors which 1st meet this criteria. Is that true for both Type C and Top 80% Type N?

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

My bad. I'm sorry for confusing you. What you understood initially was correct. Ignore that line please. I was trying to make something clear but gave a very poor example. Sorry for the trouble.

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

And yes we only need to get the Vendors which fall in the bottom 20% from that dataset for both Type C and Top 80% N.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you had searched this site, you would have found

Recipe for a Pareto Analysis

Recipe for a Pareto Analysis – Revisited

And quite a few more...

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
sunny_talwar

I believe this should work

Dimension

=ValueList('Type C', 'Top 80% N')

Expression

Pick(Match(ValueList('Type C', 'Top 80% N'), 'Type C', 'Top 80% N'),

Sum({<Vendor = {"=Sum(Aggr(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales), 0, RowNo())), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc)))) > 0.8"}, Type = {'C'}>} Sales),

Sum({<Vendor = {"=Sum(Aggr(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>} TOTAL Sales), 0, RowNo())), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'N'}, Type1 = {'M'}>} Sales),Desc)))) > 0.8 and Sum(Aggr(Rangesum(Above(Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'N'}>} Sales)/Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'N'}>} TOTAL Sales), 0, RowNo())), (Vendor,(=Sum({<Vendor, Type = {'N'}>} Sales),Desc)))) <= 0.8"}, Type = {'C'}>} Sales))