Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maximum period per year with expansion sign

Hello, I have this problem, when I apply a formula to the following years MonthName(Max(Periodo), it returns the last month of the year with data, which is correct, but doing so in this way '$(=MonthName(Max(Periodo)))', brings me the total value, could someone help me, I need the Value in quotation marks for a set analysis  Thank you

I get this.png   expected.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daveamz
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Jonathan,

The difference between the $() expressions and the ones without $() is that the first is evaluated globally, for the entire data set. The latter is evaluated for each row, thus is taking into account the dimensions used in the table.

Have a look at the attached file. Is not the best solution, but I hope it will provide you with some useful hints.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

6 Replies
antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Jonathan,

'$(=MonthName(Max(Periodo)))' is evaluated once per chart.

Regards,

Antonio

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

try without the equal sign

$(MonthName(Max(Periodo)))

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
daveamz
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Jonathan,

The difference between the $() expressions and the ones without $() is that the first is evaluated globally, for the entire data set. The latter is evaluated for each row, thus is taking into account the dimensions used in the table.

Have a look at the attached file. Is not the best solution, but I hope it will provide you with some useful hints.

Regards,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks for your answer Antonio

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I already tried, thanks for your answer Vinneeth

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for your answer, it is very useful to solve the problem that I have, thanks David