Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Setting variables for fiscal year

Hello! New to Qlik and scripting here, so bear with me!

Currently I have a few charts that have been hard coded to show certain data regardless of filters. I would like to edit the expressions so the values are variables so I won't have to update each year. An example of one expression is:

rangesum(above(Sum({1<STATUS_GROUP={'Closed'}, [V_QLIK_OPS_WORKTEAMS.WORK_TEAM_DEPT]={'MAINTENANCE'}, CFYear={'2016/2017'}>}COSTPO),0,12))

I currently followed the steps mentioned Here when it came to creating Master Calendars for each of my date fields, and ensuring they show the correct Fiscal Year (July 1 through June 30).

My question, which may be very simple, is how to create a variable for current Fiscal Year? I was able to create variables like the current calendar year "=Year(today())" and Previous Month "MonthName(Today(),-1), but how would I get it to configure so that I can create one that starts in July?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Do you have this in your data model

Capture.PNG

If you do, you might just be able to use this

Current Year

RangeSum(Above(Sum({1<STATUS_GROUP = {'Closed'}, [V_QLIK_OPS_WORKTEAMS.WORK_TEAM_DEPT] ={'MAINTENANCE'}, fYear = {"$(=Max(fYear))"}, CFYear>}COSTPO),0,12))

Previous Year

RangeSum(Above(Sum({1<STATUS_GROUP = {'Closed'}, [V_QLIK_OPS_WORKTEAMS.WORK_TEAM_DEPT] ={'MAINTENANCE'}, fYear = {"$(=Max(fYear)-1)"}, CFYear>}COSTPO),0,12))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do you have this in your data model

Capture.PNG

If you do, you might just be able to use this

Current Year

RangeSum(Above(Sum({1<STATUS_GROUP = {'Closed'}, [V_QLIK_OPS_WORKTEAMS.WORK_TEAM_DEPT] ={'MAINTENANCE'}, fYear = {"$(=Max(fYear))"}, CFYear>}COSTPO),0,12))

Previous Year

RangeSum(Above(Sum({1<STATUS_GROUP = {'Closed'}, [V_QLIK_OPS_WORKTEAMS.WORK_TEAM_DEPT] ={'MAINTENANCE'}, fYear = {"$(=Max(fYear)-1)"}, CFYear>}COSTPO),0,12))

jtay
Contributor III
Contributor III

We had a Qlik consultant help us with our master calendar and we had them help with a bunch of flags.  This one was used for our fiscal year.  I updated it so that it matches your July1-jun30 year:

If(  (year(Date)=year(Today()) and num(Month(Date))<=7) or 

(Year(Date)=(year(Today())-1) and num(Month(Date))>6),1) as FYFlag,

then when you use it in a set analysis, ..., FYFlag = 1,...

Since it's in the master calendar, we reload the calendar daily.  The current fiscal year will always update.  Now, when July starts, there won't be much data, but that's how it goes.

Not applicable
Author

I changed the fYear in each calendar I used, but that seems to be what I need to reference. Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

This is also a good solution. Thanks!