cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible ways to export QV report to PDF

Hi Experts,

I have requirement to export QV report to PDF. The data in the report is in the form of Straight and pivot tables.

Straight table is having 24 columns.there could be anywhere around few tens of thousands of rows based on user selections.

We are not using Nprinting tool. Does writing macro to export report to PDF will work here ? I'm thinking of how 24 columns with thousands of rows will get aligned properly in a table in PDF.

If written a macro, is it possible to download from Accesspoint ?

what are the possible ways to export report to PDF without Nprinting ? Can you please provide your suggestions, any existing applications with macros.

Thanks in advance !

8 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Sri,

I'd suggest exploring QlikView Reports functionality, possibly producing a report in a landscape mode. The requirement to create a PDF report with 24 columns and thousands of rows strikes me as very odd. Perhaps you could discuss it with your users and suggest alternatives. For example, an Excel spreadsheet with 24 columns wouldn't be as bad as a PDF file. I can hardly understand what would people do with such a busy PDF report...

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills with my book QlikView Your Business - An Expert Guide to QlikView and Qlik Sense.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can export a report to PDF for sure using the Report functionality of QlikView.

Using QlikView’s Report Editor

Using QlikView’s Report Editor

But not sure if 24 fields can fit even when page landscape is selected.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

As i know without nPrinting, One way is report editor (Landscape view)

2nd one "Print PDF" (you can try this macro),

3rd one, "Send to Excel", then do all the formatting adjustment here,(using qlikview macro) and save it as pdf.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Settu,

Thank you. Can you please elaborate on 3rd option. How we can use qlikview macro on excel and save it as PDF ?

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi Sri,

Hope you know, we can save our excel as 'PDF or XPS'. So, write all your code inside qlikview module and save it.

below is kind of vba code...(not exactly)

Type:=xlTypePDF,   Filename:=myFile,  Quality:=xlQualityStandard,  IncludeDocProperties:=True,

IgnorePrintAreas:=False, _

OpenAfterPublish:=False

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Settu,

Thanks. Generating PDF report through report editor is working for 24 columns, Once dashboard is placed on access point, user will be able to download the PDF format of report from access point right ?

we don't have to schedule the PDF distribution task from QMC explicitly right.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Oleg,

Thanks. Generating PDF report through report editor is working for 24 columns, Once dashboard is placed on access point, user will be able to download the PDF format of report from access point right ?

we don't have to schedule the PDF distribution task from QMC explicitly right.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Sri,

yes - that is my understanding. Users should be able to access a report from the Access point.