Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tussh077
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to trigger Nprinting job with command line/batch file as .nsq files are no longer created in Nprinting 17?

Hi Community,

We have recently upgraded to Nprinting 17. Previously we were executing Nprinting jobs by triggering the .nsq files. But as .nsq files are no longer generated in Nprinting 17, how to trigger the jobs using batch file/command line?

Please advise.

KR,

Tushar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

this is not available in NPrinting 17 yet, and i am not sure whether it will be.

The only thing you can think of is using a API to trigger report. Present API was used to create this extension for QlikSense:

Qlik Branch

In June 2017 new API will be released allowing to pass filters on app (for OnDemand reporting)

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

this is not available in NPrinting 17 yet, and i am not sure whether it will be.

The only thing you can think of is using a API to trigger report. Present API was used to create this extension for QlikSense:

Qlik Branch

In June 2017 new API will be released allowing to pass filters on app (for OnDemand reporting)

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Stephen_Jasionowski

The extension on branch can only trigger a single report, not run a task.

In June, we will release APIs to run publish tasks in NPrinting 17. That will allow you to trigger a task using an external scheduler.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

looking forward to it - awesome!

tussh077
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your valuable response. Could you please let me know how can I get notified when the API is released in June?

KR,

Tushar

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Stay tuned and observe "Recent Blog Post" section on Community Home Page. There is usually an info about all new releases.

cheers

LEch

Vasiliy_Beshentsev
Creator III
Creator III

Hello.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

As i understand there will be some interface for front-end users so they can get reports on-demand?

I'm talking about Qlik Sense + NPrinting.

Or how it will works on?

Not applicable

You can build this using the API starting with the June 2017 release.

There's a tech preview with documentation here (sign into community to access):

Download the Technical Preview

Vasiliy_Beshentsev
Creator III
Creator III

I have no access...

2017-06-06 16_32_45-Не разрешено _ Qlik Community.png

qlikhalmar
Creator
Creator

Hi Lech,

It is now possible to start a NPrinting task using the API. That's great!

But is it true that you can't start an Import task?

I hope you can help me, because that is a big issue for me...

Thanks!

Halmar