Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III

Mail in qlikview

Hi,

I am trying to find out if its possible to send the values in a table (straight/pivot) as an email attachment to a user every last day of the month automatically.

I found that there is an option Settings->User preferences->Mail where I think I can achieve this , but not sure how. Can someone help me with this?

All that I found in the Qlik Help was :

User Preferences: Mail

Here you can make settings for sending e-mail from QlikView. In order to use this functionality access to an SMTP server is required .

In the Sender group it is possible to specify the Name and e-mail Address that will appear as sender on e-mail sent by QlikView.

Under Encoding it is possible to change the character code page used for sending e-mail, if there are problems with the current setting.

Checking Send MIME encoded in order to encode e-mail can also be helpful.

In the Server group it is possible to specify settings for the SMTP server to be used for outgoing e-mail from QlikView.

User Preferences: Mail

Here you can make settings for sending e-mail from QlikView. In order to use this functionality access to an SMTP server is required .

In the Sender group it is possible to specify the Name and e-mail Address that will appear as sender on e-mail sent by QlikView.

Under Encoding it is possible to change the character code page used for sending e-mail, if there are problems with the current setting.

Checking Send MIME encoded in order to encode e-mail can also be helpful.

In the Server group it is possible to specify settings for the SMTP server to be used for outgoing e-mail from QlikView.

AddressThe address (URL or IP number) used for the SMTP server.
PortThe port used by the SMTP server.
Authentication methodSelect an authentication method from the list, if authentication is required by the SMTP server.
User IDThe user ID used for authentication.
PasswordThe password used for authentication.

But, an example would be of great help.

Thank you.

6 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Qlikview basic capabilities only allow for alert e-mails

no attachment capabilities, for reports you'll need to use nprinting 

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Here is a master link that may help you :Send mail and Export in Qlikview

divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Liron,

Ok, understand. Any idea on how "Mail" could help ?

Thank you very much.

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

the mail can help you sending alert to users

when a condition in the data is fulfilled

divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Thank you very much, that's really helpful.

divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Liron,

Get it, Thank you very much.