Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Apply permanent filter in bar chart not using bookmarks

I am using a QlikView dashboard to display Insurance data. I have a bar chart which shows MonthYear on the x axis and Premium levels (£) on the y axis. Our scripts are written so that all dates - Inception date, renewal date, cancellation date, claim date etc populate as MonthYear and then to show the relevant data you require there is another field called "Date Selection". To get my graph to show data based only on Inception date I would have to apply the filter within "Date Selection". As I only ever want my graph to show like this is there a way using a calculated dimension so that the graph only shows MonthYear when Date Selection = Inception?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello Jenny,

if I understood you right, you do not need to build a dynamic dimension.I think an expression including a filter-condition (using if() or SET Analysis) should do the job you want.

This is an exampable with if():

Dim of your chart may be [MonthYear]

and the expression like this:

sum( if ( [Date Selection] = 'Inception',  [Premium levels]))

Rgards,

Roland

Note: syntax not checked.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Jenny,

if I understood you right, you do not need to build a dynamic dimension.I think an expression including a filter-condition (using if() or SET Analysis) should do the job you want.

This is an exampable with if():

Dim of your chart may be [MonthYear]

and the expression like this:

sum( if ( [Date Selection] = 'Inception',  [Premium levels]))

Rgards,

Roland

Note: syntax not checked.

Not applicable
Author

That is perfect thanks Roland - I have adapted that expression for use in a couple of other areas of my dashboard!