Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Oracle OLEDB drivers installation to connect 12C

Hi All,

What is the difference between default oracle drivers we get from add data vs the one we create using Create connection? both are same?

Which is the fastest driver to get data in QlikSense from Oracle database?

Regards,

Navdeep

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I was able to do it, Steps for installation.

1. Download Oracle Client GUI version from Oracle website
  2. Download ODAC from Oracle website
  3. Install using setup.exe with all general properties
  4. Open Net Manager and add tsn
  5. Restart the server and it should start showing up under providers 'Oracle for OLE DB'
  6. Make Connection and it should work

View solution in original post

7 Replies
OmarBenSalem

Same.

And using the script or the data load editor depends on the way you want to build your model.

If you want Qlik to do things for you, help you with the modelisation, create auto-calendar, do cross tables, create geoFields, use the data load editor (you need to prepare data for that before loading)

If you want to have full control of your data structuring and modeling, use the script.

You can use both; load editor than unlock to change it within the script.

But, as I said, I think It's the same Oracle connector in both cases.

Not applicable
Author

ok yes, it seems same, though in "Create Data Connection" we have to install oracle drivers, not sure why it's required and how it's working in Add data option??

I am using Add data but data load is very slow from Oracle divers, is it dependent on drivers<OLE DB/ODBC> ??

Regards,

Navdeep

OmarBenSalem

No need to install ODBC drivers; use the existing package:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I actually want to try OLE DB with Oracle, as ODBC is little slow. is there a way to do that?

OmarBenSalem

can you try to create an oledb connection and choose oracle and see what happens?

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

I have tried this one and not able to establish connection. I have installed ODAC but still not able to see 'Oracle for OLEDB' under providers.

Please help.

Not applicable
Author

I was able to do it, Steps for installation.

1. Download Oracle Client GUI version from Oracle website
  2. Download ODAC from Oracle website
  3. Install using setup.exe with all general properties
  4. Open Net Manager and add tsn
  5. Restart the server and it should start showing up under providers 'Oracle for OLE DB'
  6. Make Connection and it should work