cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cumulative Percentage sum of a row obtained by a pivot table in Qlik Sense

Dear all,

I have a big issue and I think that what I have to do goes far beyond my competences.

I have loaded 2 tables in the script, there are other colums but I need only some of them to compute the calculation:

[Purchased]

ItemSupplierQuantityTurnoverYear

[Database]

idOrderItemSupplierMachine
Production year
Claim Year

What I need to do is to compute a cumulative sum of the percentage of defects of a single item ( count(idorder)/quantity), for a supplier;

more specifically:

in 2011 I produced and sold a machine;

In 2011 I received 4 claims (4 id.orders) of representing 2 different items [A and B] (for simplicity 2 claims per item); In 2012 i received 2 claims, regarding  in this case of the 2 different items considered before;

in 2012 i produced and sold another machine;

in 2012 i received 1 claim, in 2013 a recieved 2 claims.

I have in the table (purchased) the yearly quantity purchased of that specific item, for simplicity Production Year is the same of Purchased Year.

my index should be somthing like this:

Claim 2011claim 2012claim 2013Purchased
20114/100 = 4%2/100=2%0%100 (total sum of items)
1/100=1%
2/100=2%
100 (total sum of items)

in a graph they would be represented like this:

y : cumulative sum

x : year of claim

sample.png

This is what I have to do. In excel is simple but too much time consuming. I don't get something in order to do this in qlik sense.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help me

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Good Morning Robin,

thank you so much for your help. It works fine, the calculations are right!

I was trying to create the cumulative line graph but It gives me a problem in the expressions. I don't understand why.

How can we solve that issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think I got it ... expression:

aggr(rangesum(above(Count([ID ordine]),0,RowNo()))/sum(total <[$Production Year]> Qty),([$Production Year],(NUMERIC, ASCENDING)),([Claim Year],(NUMERIC, ASCENDING)))

--> it's a combination of Using inter-record functions: swap x-axis and legend in charts and Running totals per dimension (RangeSum(), sortable Aggr()...)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Robin,

it works perfectly. Thank you so much for your help. Your explaination in the other threads are so clear, thank you again!

Regards

Damiano