Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

powerpoint file through stories

I am trying to use stories route to generate powerpoint files of the dashboard. But it seems to be very unpredictable. It takes a lot of time and then the error message that comes up is that unable to create file try again. Is some one else facing the same problem. Is there a hardware issue. Is my Dashboard file getting too large. Any suggestions or line of thought will be helpful..

3 Replies
Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Hi! It might be that the visualizations you want to export are too large or too many. Try with less charts and/or set lower resolution in the settings.

vizmind.eu
Not applicable
Author

I know the data is large (100 MB in excel terms with 6 columns). I want to understand how Qlik uses hardware (more RAM? Processor?) . What does large visualization mean? How I can plan the visualization to optimize performance? The visualization has two line graphs and 6 tables in one sheet. It has 17 sheets. Another alternative could have been 4 Apps with 4-5 sheets. I made 4 stories with 4-5 pages so that things don't get too hot . I could have made it in different Apps. Is there a guideline to how to optimize Qlik performace?

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

I think that two things are important here - the size of the story and the RAM.

• Try setting up a lower resolution when exporting
  • Try exporting a shorter story (i.e. less slides)
  • Close all other open programs running on your PC
  • Try on another PC with more RAM
vizmind.eu