Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change text and backgroundcolor of hints / mouseover comments

Hello together

Does anyone know a possibilty to change the textcolor and backgroundcolor of hints / mouseover comments?

If a text in a table is too long for the column, it is cutted of and if you go over the text with the mouse you can see a hint with the full text. This works fine in general. But if your dimension has a dark background color and white as textcolor you can not read the hint.

See attached picture for example.

Thanks for tips.

Michael

4 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Michael - This will be very interesting. I doubt if we can change this but I had used "DefaultHelpPopupProperties" property to set the number of seconds to display. Meanwhile, I'll try to find if there is any option to tweak the color and also look forward for a solution from other expert users.

Cheers - DV

Not applicable
Author

No Ideas? If its not possible, it should be a feature request for the next release.

It could also be a bug, that changing the text color has an impact to the help popup, but changing the background color has not.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I dont know how to set colors for that, but i know the reason why it is happening like this.

Its because what ever color you will define for your text, the pop up(tooltip) will take the same font color.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi all,

We are having the same problem since we recently changed our schema to white font. As the popup background is light yellow, one can't read the text.

We're on QV10 SR6.

Any update on this?

Regards,

Telmo