Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

color expression for two measures

Hi,

I have a stacked bar chart with two measures that give me the number of open and closed tickets in a given month:

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 2.49.19 PM.png

The expression for "closed" is:

Sum(
  aggr(
  if(month_opened<=_month  and (_month<=month_closed or isnull(month_closed) ), 1, 0),
        _month,
        id
    )
)
-
Sum(
  aggr(
  if(month_opened<=_month  and (isnull(month_closed) ), 1, 0),
        _month,
        id
    )
)

And the expression for "open" is:

Sum(
  aggr(
  if(month_opened<=_month  and (isnull(month_closed) ), 1, 0),
        _month,
        id
    )
)

I need to change the color of the open and closed stacked bars, but have not had luck with an if-statement, I think it's because of the use of the aggr function. Any help is much appreciated.

14 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

If you are using 3.2 then you can add these 2 measures as master items and you have the option to set a colour for it in there.

Each time you add the measure it will then always display using the same colour.

Regards

Andy

rittermd
Master
Master

It gets a little involved to do this.

You need to define a ValueList in your Dimension like this:

=Valuelist('Performing','Non-performing')

Then in your measure you need to do something like this:

pick(wildmatch(Valuelist('Performing','Non-performing'),'Performing','Non-performing'),

Count({1}{<Rank=-{'Negative','0%<5%'}>}Branch)/Count(Branch),

Count({1}{<Rank={'Negative','0%<5%'}>}Branch)/Count(Branch) )

Then under Appearance/Colors & Legends you need something like this:

pick(wildmatch(Valuelist('Performing','Non-performing'),'Performing','Non-performing'),'#808080','#CF0A2C')

Or you can use a pretty good extension called Bars Plus that let's you do all of this with parameters.

Hope that helps some.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

I am not following the logic here?

Not applicable
Author

Andy, I am using 3.1.4.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Upgrade to 3.2 you have an easy solution to your issue in it.

Look at the what's new video on the home screen and it shows how you can use the new functionality.

Regards

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy,

I am unable to upgrade at this time. The system admin is out of town for a few months. So I have to code for the colors.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Heres how it will look when you can upgrade

1. you create your master measures and give it a standard colour

2. you replace your chart measures with the ones in the master library

3. in colours and legends set custom, multicoloured and use library on.  this will give you the effect you want plus the legends which you dont get with the by expression approach.

rittermd
Master
Master

The chart of the left is the standard colors and the right side is with the code that I provided.

c5.PNG

What I sent you is just based on my requirements for the dimensions and metrics.  Yours would be different.

rittermd
Master
Master

You need to add the additional Dimension with the value list to your regular dimension and then update the logic in your metric and colors to use the ValueList.  It is a little messy and took me a couple of attempts to get it to work.  But it does work.

c6.PNG