Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Current Selection box show fieldname not label

Due to circumstances I have some field names that I need to rename in a multibox. That works. But in Current Selections the original field name shows. Any way to override that?

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Thomas,

is it possible that you globally rename your fields on data load (using "as" or alias)? Or do you need the original name in another place?

(You could also add an duplicate field with other name to the table, but this might increase the data amount).

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan! Renaming is not an option because that's what I did... I dont want them associated but I want them to show the same name or label. It works in the multibox but then Current Selections show my (as) field name. Probably this should be two applications instead of a tab, but this is how the customer wants it, so what to do.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

so you want different, not associated fields to be shown with the same name? Interesting.

I think you can rename it per object in most other places, but not in Current Selections. Sorry, no idea.

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

That's my conclusion as well. If you think of it how should QV separate the two fields from each other (and us humans for that matter) if they are named the same but actually different fields? Then you could end up with really strange things. Do=yes, and Do=no for example... Well, I think I'll explain to the customer that it's a bad idea and if that is a big issue then I propose two applications.