Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ansarikashif2017

Rekindling the QlikSense vs QlikView discussion

Hi All,

I have recently started the QlikSense journey and was wondering the difference between QlikView and QlikSense. Came across the below threads :-

Self-Service Visualization with QlikSense on QlikCloud - Is it a threat to Developers?

What is difference between Qlik Sense & QV Desktop client?

I see the thread and the responses were in 2014. We are now in the midst of 2017. Hence wanted to know if their is any change in the direction or any new insight which Qlik Legends have to share on the same?

Tagging the original contributors:-

mto

dzr

jgd

scottbeeson

Regards,

Kashif

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

‌Kashif,

Qlik Sense does much of the work for you with the responsive design capabilities.  This greatly reduces the need to develop using all sorts of UI controls. If you do want to extend beyond the stock capabilities, I highly recommend you take a look at Qlik Branch for some great extensions.

If you are looking to create a highly guided experience the. I recommend you look into mashups. Qlik Sense is build on modern web technology there the best way to create sophisticated guided experiences is mashup Qlik Sense with the full power of the web.

-Josh

Qlik

PS if you'd like to have someone from out sales team contact you to explain in more detail please let me know and I'd be happy to make the connection.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Kashif,

Qlik Sense has evolved quite a bit since it was first released in 2014.  It is now a full analytics platform covering the five major use cases.  QlikView continues be a leading solution for guided analytics.  If you already have QlikView then we recommend you keep using it unless it doesn't fit your use case or needs.  If you are new to Qlik then we recommend you start with Qlik Sense.

Here is a great post that goes through the five major use cases for Qlik Sense

Qlik Platform Analytics - The Demo

Josh

Qlik

ansarikashif2017
Author

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the quick reply.

We are starting new with QlikSense but we want to do both Self Service as well Guided Analytics.

Will QlikSense still be suitable for an enterprise grade dashboard creation for Guided analytics? Does it now stand on par with QlikView for Guided Analytics?

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

‌Hi Kashif,

Yes, Qlik Sense covers the five major analytics uses cases which includes guided analytics . Please refer to the link in my previous post for details.

-Josh

Qlik

ansarikashif2017
Author

Hi Josh,

For Guided analytics, I do not see the feature rich menu that should ideally be associated for a development mode of an enterprise grade dashboard. Do we create the dashboard within the QlikSense hub (browser) or do we need to download some Designer tool for creating the dashboard?

ansarikashif2017
Author

Hi jgd‌,

Can you please guide on the tools used for creating feature rich dashboard? When I go to hub and create an app, I only see default list of charts and extensions. I see people in the forum talking about writing macros, doing UI controls like Input box, dynamic visibility of componets etc. I don't see all those options in browser based hub.

Regards,

Kashif

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

‌Kashif,

Qlik Sense does much of the work for you with the responsive design capabilities.  This greatly reduces the need to develop using all sorts of UI controls. If you do want to extend beyond the stock capabilities, I highly recommend you take a look at Qlik Branch for some great extensions.

If you are looking to create a highly guided experience the. I recommend you look into mashups. Qlik Sense is build on modern web technology there the best way to create sophisticated guided experiences is mashup Qlik Sense with the full power of the web.

-Josh

Qlik

PS if you'd like to have someone from out sales team contact you to explain in more detail please let me know and I'd be happy to make the connection.

ansarikashif2017
Author

Thanks a lot Josh for your inputs.