Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

fields as a chart's dimension

hi guys,

is it possible to have fields as dimensions of a bar chart?

for e.g. i have sales, cost, netrevenue and location of table1

the dimensions would be field1, field2 and field3 while the expression would be the locationfield

so i can compare values of field1, field2 and field3 easily since their bars are side by side

location1 location2 location3    location1 location2 location3     location1 location2 location3

sales                                          cost                                                     netrevenue

location1, location2 and location3 are values of the field location

i know that it is simple to have sales, cost and netrevenue as the expression with location as the dimension but is it possible in the scenario i have described above?

21 Replies
Not applicable
Author

if i wanna have weeks as a dimension

and on each week, there would be X number of bars depending on the X number of selections i make on the Site list box..

each bar is a stacked bar with the various calculations

so assuming my dimension has 6 weeks and i chose 5 sites from the Site list box

i would have a total of 30 stacked bars, 5 for each week...

will the script still work?

am i supposed to set the week as the primary dimension and Site as the secondary dimension?

on the axis, i would like to have the Site name and Week number appear below the axis

for e.g.,

BAR-A BAR-B BAR-C

------------------------------ this is the axis line

SiteA   SiteB   SiteC   this is the sites

1                  this is the week

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Yes, that should work. Anyway, you will need to create the week field in your script or pull it from the database if it's available.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica