Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Parameter in url

Hi,

I have used AD authentication. When i am logging in to the Accesspoint i need to provide the domain name\username. is there any other way i can pass the domain name inthe url as a parameter. So that i can provide only the username not the domain name.

9 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

You can use with the IE Plugin a url like

qvp://domain\user@server/Document.qvw

The domain is part of the user, so the user is always needed.

Something different is that you want to use a section access with a custom userid instead of the AD user.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel,

I am trying to restrict the user to login in to the acesspoint.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

I didn't mention that before but you can change your Internet Explorer settings so the credentials of the user logged into Windows are passed on to the QlikView Server without being prompted.

But if you want to avoid some users to get to the Accesspoint you will have to change the network configuration. What it seems easier to me is to limit permissions on those Dashboards the users aren't supposed to see, so although the user can log into the Accesspoint (because is valid in the Active Directory) the screen appears blank, since he hasn't any NTFS permissions on any QlikView document, and only allowed users do have those NTFS permissions.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel,

Yes it will work if users who access the system from the Office campus. but if they are trying to access outside the campus. I mean outside the intranet then we will not be able to go by NTFS permission .

Correct me if i am wrong

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

It depends on how your network is set up and the authorization mechanism to allow the users access remotely to their data. This is usually achieved using a VPN, and some of them can be configured so the VPN users are the same as the AD users.

You should check this with your systems and network administrator. But basically, if you can get to the accesspoint, the credentials prompted will match those stored in the AD (DOMAIN\USERNAME).

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel,

Actual requirement was like this

User will provide the username in the Accesspoint (Not as windows authentication) as it\u1. So i want to hardcode this it in the code so that user will provide the u1. We have done it the same now.

If there is any communication gap. Sorry for the same. But your inputs are very much valuable. 

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

I don't think that's possible. I mean, I don't know of any place you can fix the domain so it is always passed on to the AD to validate the user. I think that, if any, it's rather a Windows configuration than a QlikView configuration.

Check this and this entries about Windows Registry, so if the domain is fixed, the user will be granted when entering only the username. I haven't tested it though.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for not updating Miguel. It is resolved. It is working fine. Now i am able to login just by providing

u1 without providing the domain in the username text box of Accesspoint.

I have hardcoded the Domain details in the script. So user need to key in the Username only.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

So you did in the script. I was numb there making difficult the easy things. Good for you. Mark anyway your post as the aswer, so any further users can found the issue as solved. And some example code would be great.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica