Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multi box filter expression help

I have the following expression in a multi box in QlikView.  What I am trying to do is have my document filter so that if either TeamResponsible or ManagerResponsible is equal to "Client", display the record when "Client" is selected.  Otherwise, the record should display when "Us" is selected.

Expression: 

=if(TeamResponsible <> 'Client' and ManagerResponsible <> 'Client', 'Us', 'Client')

When I select "Us",  the document seems to be filtering correctly, and displays everything that does not have a value of "Client" for either the ManagerResponsible or TeamResponsible field.  When I select "Client", rather than "Us", it displays everything, rather than just those records that have a value of 'Client' for either the TeamResponsible or Manager Responsible fields.

TeamResponsible and ManagerResponsible can either have a value of Client, Us, blank, or null.

Should what I have be working, or do I need to take a different approach?

Thank you.

3 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Try this:

=if(TeamResponsible = 'Client' or ManagerResponsible ='Client', 'Client','Us')

Not applicable
Author

This results in the same thing - selecting Us works correctly, but selecting Client brings up everything.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

Please upload the qvw file.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!