Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koscumbs
Contributor III
Contributor III

Graph selections not visually changing graph

Hello -- I have created a few very simple bar graphs showing a count of encounters and their associated lab values -- I've also created a few reference lines as guideposts -- for example, this is in a healthcare setting, and patient creatinine should be between 0.5 and 1.2.  So I have my pretty bar graphs, showing the normal distribution of patient creatinine, and you can visually see which ones fall into the appropriate range.

The obvious cool thing to do with this would be to see how different the patients are who were in range vs. out of range -- this is where I encounter my problem:   when I drag+select the group of patients who I've bounded by the two reference lines (the in range population), the rest of the qlik file's information will change appropriately to reflect my selection, however my graph doesn't change

I've attached two screenshots that may help -- the filtering works fine, but the graph doesn't reflect the new filtered selection.

Any ideas on this?  I didn't see any other forum questions asked about it, but I may just have missed them.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

Do you have any set analysis in your expressions?  It could be ignoring the selections.  Can you share the dimensions/expressions and what field you're selecting the value in?  Sharing an example file would also be more helpful.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
koscumbs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry -- I figured it out -- I was using Set Analytics in my count expressions (so as to remove outliers, ie: a creatinine of 5000, which is clearly just data entry error).  Once I removed Set Analytics, the filtering worked like a charm.

Nicole-Smith

Do you have any set analysis in your expressions?  It could be ignoring the selections.  Can you share the dimensions/expressions and what field you're selecting the value in?  Sharing an example file would also be more helpful.

koscumbs
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yep, that was it -- I figured it out shortly after posting as I just dismantled one by one everything I had done -- thanks again for the help!