Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

color expression for two measures

Hi,

I have a stacked bar chart with two measures that give me the number of open and closed tickets in a given month:

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 2.49.19 PM.png

The expression for "closed" is:

Sum(
  aggr(
  if(month_opened<=_month  and (_month<=month_closed or isnull(month_closed) ), 1, 0),
        _month,
        id
    )
)
-
Sum(
  aggr(
  if(month_opened<=_month  and (isnull(month_closed) ), 1, 0),
        _month,
        id
    )
)

And the expression for "open" is:

Sum(
  aggr(
  if(month_opened<=_month  and (isnull(month_closed) ), 1, 0),
        _month,
        id
    )
)

I need to change the color of the open and closed stacked bars, but have not had luck with an if-statement, I think it's because of the use of the aggr function. Any help is much appreciated.

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

I have Valuelist('Dim1','Dim2') under Dimensions

and for Measures I have

pick(wildmatch(Valuelist('Dim1','Dim2'),'Dim1','Dim2'),

Sum(aggr(if(month_opened<=_month  and (isnull(month_closed) ), 1, 0),_month,id)),

(Sum(aggr(if(month_opened<=_month  and (_month<=month_closed or isnull(month_closed) ), 1, 0),_month,id))-

Sum(aggr(if(month_opened<=_month  and (isnull(month_closed) ), 1, 0),_month,id))) )

for colors I have

pick(wildmatch(Valuelist('Dim1','Dim2'),'Dim1','Dim2'),'#808080','#CF0A2C')

I am only getting a calculation from my first Dim1 expression, not the addition of Dim2. Would you be able to take a look?Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 1.21.35 PM.png

rittermd
Master
Master

I will take a look and get back to you

rittermd
Master
Master

There is something in the expression for your metric that it doesn't like or is not working correctly.  I commented out your code and just used this and the colors in the bar chart worked.

1,2)

Have you tried this expression with Set Analysis instead of the If statements?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

It looks like the pick(wildmatch(valuelist( expression is only evaluating the first if statement and not the second, when I switch them around it still only evaluates the first. The if-statements work when used as two separate measures. I would take suggestions on how to change around my if statement to work as a set analysis.

Thanks,

rittermd
Master
Master

I did this and got the colors to work:

Count ({<$month_closed-={"*"} >} id),

Count ({$<month_closed={"*"} >} id))

So it doesn't like something in your expression and I am not sure.  I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do.  So maybe you can build on this since you know what you need and you know the data.