Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scroll bar in bar chart

Hi all,

I am using a stacked bar chart. I want a scroll bar in the right side of the chart. I am getting it in the left side but I want it in the right side of the chart. Can somebody help?

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you rotate your bar chart 90° ?

IMHO scroll bars are placed either on the left (rotated bar chart) or at the bottom (regular bar chart)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks. It is a horizontal bar chart. So is it not possible to place a scroll bar in the right side?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Not as far as I know. Y-axes can be swapped, but scroll bars have fixed positions...

There is a "dirty" trick however, that puts the scrollbar on the right. Instead of a Bar chart, create a straight table with a dimension and an expression, and display the expression as a "Linear Gauge" (see Expression->Representation). The scroll bar will now appear on the right, as is common in straight tables.

However, you won't have stacked segments.

chhavi376
Creator II
Creator II

Hey,

You can create a different object of scroll bar and place it wherever you like. you can control the movement of your chart with the scroll using variables.

Please follow the link below, and refer to the QVW attached in one of the comments.

It's a hack, as there isn't any direct way to go about it.

If i move scroll bar in one table, then other table scroll bar should move

Regards,

Chhavi

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Chhavi. It is helpful.