Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator

Script & Performance

Hi Guys,

from a performance point of view, into the script, if i'm loading data from a table, it's better to first load all data and then do the calculation later maybe creating a resident table, or it's the same if the calculation are done while loading the table?

Thanks

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I would suggest you to do business logic from table level then load into any reporting tool like Qlik. It won't take much performance problem.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Loading the data while fetching the data is faster.

Have a look at the link below.

Preceding Loads vs. Resident Loads

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

I Would suggest below methods,

1) Physical Layer (i.e: read data from qvd, other source etc)

2) Transformation / Business Logic layer (here u can write all your business rule, data island ,user business naming conventions, etc.,)

3) Presentation layer ( should be binary loaded document)

also try keep all your expression / definitions via external file and it will save your time (one common place where you can define all your expression and u can easily able to apply across all your application)

check this,

http://www.qlikfix.com/2011/09/21/storing-variables-outside-of-qlikview/

Try to avoid link table  and use more apply map, preceding load, Star schema methods.

Hope this helps you

Regards,

Deva

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Its impossible to say up front, and can only really be answered by testing. In the broadest generalization, resident loading generally falls between optimised QVD loads and non-optimised QVD loads in speed. Try both options. Heavy use of resident loads with complex transformations may require a lot of RAM.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein