Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmarBenSalem

Security rule to make every user only see the data connection he has created

Hi folks,

I currently see that when someone create a data connection, everybody will have the ability to this data connection and I want to prevent that.

I want :

every user to only see the data connection he has created

How to do so?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thomaslg_wq
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Omar,

The native security rules for data_connection resources works as you would want it to work.

It means someone changed security rules to give all users access to all data_connections.

You need to find in your security rules the one that opens that security.

You can find this security rule with the audit function, for example => audit for a specific data_connection for a specific_user which is not the owner of this data_connection, then on the right panel you will be able to check the associated security rules that allow this to happen.

BR,

Thomas Le Gall

View solution in original post

5 Replies
thomaslg_wq
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Omar,

The native security rules for data_connection resources works as you would want it to work.

It means someone changed security rules to give all users access to all data_connections.

You need to find in your security rules the one that opens that security.

You can find this security rule with the audit function, for example => audit for a specific data_connection for a specific_user which is not the owner of this data_connection, then on the right panel you will be able to check the associated security rules that allow this to happen.

BR,

Thomas Le Gall

OmarBenSalem
Author

Hi Thomas and thank you for the quick reply.

This has changed in the 3.2 and beyond versions?

Because I'm dead sure no one altered any security rule and as I said; every user can see all the data connections.

thomaslg_wq
Creator III
Creator III

Hehe I don't think so, It would be a big issue for many QS Server owners !

What does the audit function tell you ?

OmarBenSalem
Author

I think that every root admin has the right to see all the data connections.

And between Thomas; stay tuned ! I think I'll need you in the upocoming weeks haha

thomaslg_wq
Creator III
Creator III

ahah, no problem