Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmenicucci
Creator
Creator

vG.SharedConfigPath

Hello experts, just a quick question: after installing 1.7 it looks like I'm unable to set properly vG.SharedConfigPath. Where is it defined? Using Qlik Sense I currently get it set as "C:\Qlikfolder\1.Company\99.Shared_Folders\5.Config" while the proper number of the folder is 4.Config as I set the container as "Slimmed Down".

Any idea?

Thanks for any suggestion!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Brunello, it's the initiation cach introduced in 1.7 that is messing with you when changing container types. Add these variables in the beggining to reset (first reload only). We will have a look on how to do this in a better way, as the cache is needed to keep the initiation complexity down.

Cheers

Magnus

Clear Initiation Cache

To speed up initiation, a variable cache function has been introduced (v1.7 and later). The cache will validate the Home and shared container root path, if path is the same as last initiation then old global variables will be used. When the cache is used, these lines appear in log and output window.
'### QDF Info, Global Variables using cache'
'### QDF Info, Shared Global Variables using cache'

To override the cache function, add these lines before the initiation script.

set vG.BasePath=;
set vG.SharedBasePath=;

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Brunello, it's the initiation cach introduced in 1.7 that is messing with you when changing container types. Add these variables in the beggining to reset (first reload only). We will have a look on how to do this in a better way, as the cache is needed to keep the initiation complexity down.

Cheers

Magnus

Clear Initiation Cache

To speed up initiation, a variable cache function has been introduced (v1.7 and later). The cache will validate the Home and shared container root path, if path is the same as last initiation then old global variables will be used. When the cache is used, these lines appear in log and output window.
'### QDF Info, Global Variables using cache'
'### QDF Info, Shared Global Variables using cache'

To override the cache function, add these lines before the initiation script.

set vG.BasePath=;
set vG.SharedBasePath=;

bmenicucci
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Magnus,

thanks for sharing this. I actually get the mentioned messages about cache.

Your suggestion works like a charm!

Have a nice day

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Thanks Brunello, great to hear that suggested solution worked. Could you please mark the response as a Correct Answer

Cheers

Magnus Berg

bmenicucci
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Magnus,

I'd like to, actually.... however the only action I had available was "mark as helpful". May be I did something wrong?

bmenicucci
Creator
Creator
Author

ok, got it! I needed to open the thread in a different tab -- not in inbox! Quite tricky but.... that's ok

Have a nice time