Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
byrnel0586
Creator
Creator

Set Analysis not pulling desired field

Hi,

I am currently using the following expression to pull a 'Rate' for an entire year regardless of selections and it is working: Sum({<Year, Month>}NUM_STATUS)/Sum({<Year, Month>}DEN_STATUS) . What I am wanting to do now is assign a 'Star' value based on where that rate falls on the threshold table (between PtileBeg and PtileEnd). However, I need the formula to point to the max Year and Month's thresholds as they vary each month.

This is what I am trying to use but it isn't working:

if(Sum({<Year, Month>}NUM_STATUS)/Sum({<Year, Month>}DEN_STATUS)>= only({<MaxYear,MaxMonth>}PtileBeg) and
Sum({<Year, Month>}NUM_STATUS)/Sum({<Year, Month>}DEN_STATUS)<= only({<MaxYear,MaxMonth>}PtileEnd),only({<MaxYear,MaxMonth>}Star))

Any help is much appreciated.

25 Replies
sunny_talwar

How do you create Month in your script?.

byrnel0586
Creator
Creator
Author

Month(ReportDate) as Month

sunny_talwar

Try creating another field like this

Month(ReportDate) as Month,

Num(Month(ReportDate)) as MonthNum

and now try this

Max({<Year = {$(=Max(Year))}, MonthNum = {"$(=Max({<Year = {$(=Max(Year))}>}MonthNum))"}>} PtileBeg)

byrnel0586
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you, I was just trying that. It pulls the value now, but it is pulling based on the month selected. I am needing it to show the max month value regardless of month selection. Is that possible?

sunny_talwar

Try this

Max({<Year = {$(=Max({1} Year))}, MonthNum = {"$(=Max({1<Year = {$(=Max({1}Year))}>}MonthNum))"}>} PtileBeg)

byrnel0586
Creator
Creator
Author

You are awesome, thank you so much! I think I am in need of a set analysis class

sunny_talwar

Hahahaha yes that would be good. Anyways, if you got everything you were looking for, I would request you to close this thread by marking correct and helpful responses.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny

byrnel0586
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

This is working for what I originally asked, thank you. However, now I am needing to use this in a pivot table with Year as dimension. How can I modify this to show the max MonthNum PtileBeg value by each Year regardless of Year selection? I have tried several options and cannot get a value to show for both years, only one at a time based on selection.

Thank you again!

sunny_talwar

You will have to elaborate a little bit more for me... can you share a snapshot of what you are seeing and explain what you would want to see?

byrnel0586
Creator
Creator
Author

Absolutely.

The first part of the pivot shows the totals based on selection (ID, Name, etc) and the CP part shows grand totals regardless of selection. I am having trouble with the star values now. I need the formula to point to the max month's Ptile (rate) thresholds by Year to pull the correct Star value. Here is what I'm using now but I know something isn't right

=if(Sum({1}NUM_STATUS)/Sum({1}DEN_STATUS)>= Max({<Year= , MonthNum = {"$(=Max({<Year = >}MonthNum))"}>} STAR1) and
Sum({1}NUM_STATUS)/Sum({1}DEN_STATUS)< Max({<Year= , MonthNum = {"$(=Max({<Year = >}MonthNum))"}>} STAR2),1, and so on...