cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III

Nprint to excel table then graph

I have used Nprint to export an excel table and there are some excel chart based on the table, the issue is now that the chart won’t automatically update after the data has been updated. Anyone has experienced this and what is the solution? thanks

17 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No I have not share such exprerience!

Please share your NPrinting excel template. You may have a mistake in range selections for chart data series.

Also - as always - couple screenshots would help.

What is designed output - excel file?

What are your charts? Maybe they are Pivot Charts?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

Don’t think this is an Nprint issue, probably excel issue. As I am exporting the data as cell vaue to cell location where these values will be used to display charts. The issue is that after updating the data, the chart is not updating automatically. But if I went to each cell that I export data to and hit enter, then the graph will be updated with the new data.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I know - still this needs to be setup in NPrinting excel template so i wanted to see how you have build your template; whether you have got auto refresh turned on, whether you use table excel entity to produce series for chart etc...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech, please see attached, I just export by cell to those values ,but the graph won't automatically update unless I hit the cell and hit enterSalessample.PNG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI Ronald,

have a read: Update the data in an existing chart - Excel

is there any reason you do it cell by cell? I would assume it would be easier to achieve the same by creating table.

cheers

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

Before posting on the forum, I have read the article and tried different options and did not work.

One simple thing I have tried is that export a table to excel and build a graph on it but the graph will not show anything until I actually go into each cell (where the table was exported to) and hit enter. It is very strange

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ronald,

that is very strange. The only issues i had was when i tried to use reports in PDF based on XLS template and data was not refreshed. your case is a different one. I am curious to see why - now:

• Your xls template? can you share it or not? We need to have something to work with - screenshot is not enough as we are not able to replicate error. As this is not NPrinting issue but only Excel issue we need your file. since you already posted screenshot with numbers i guess there is no harm posting actual XLSX/XLS. Would be great if you could generate it with NPrinitng where the chart is stale, but numbers are updated.
  • Do you have plain Office without any add-ons or plugins?
  • Is there any policy (disable editing for office file, disable data refresh or similar in your company?)

cheers

Lech

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech

I have created a dummy table to show you what I mean. Basically I have tried export data in cell , table (no keep format) and table(keep format). And they all have the same result: to update the chart, I have to go in to each cell and hit enter. but seems I don't have option to attach file yet

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ronald

i understand what is your issue. I cannot replicate it on my side - so i need your XLS file to be able to help you. Without a file it is practicly imposible