Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikSense Engine API (Json) to Object

Hi Everyone ,
i wanna ask about Engine API,
in engine API we can execute some JSON script that we use for get dimension list, etc
Example:
i have This Request:

{

"handle": 1,

"method": "GetObject",

"params": {

"qId": "5d3af2a6-1ba2-4b9d-b741-d64231da7995"

},

"outKey": -1,

"id": 5

}

and i have this Response:

{

"jsonrpc": "2.0",

"id": 5,

"result": {

"qReturn": {

"qType": "GenericObject",

"qHandle": 2,

"qGenericType": "DimensionList",

"qGenericId": "5d3af2a6-1ba2-4b9d-b741-d64231da7995"

}

}

}

what I wanna ask,
1. what result that i get from this script?
2. with this script, what can i get from this JSON Script?(Raw Data or i can get the object like in QlikDashboard)

3. it is possible for me to generate this script into object like in Qliksense apps (into chart {pie, bar, line, etc} )?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Yes, the engine can only provide you with the data of the objects. To embed visualizations in other environments than Qlik Sense, people will typically use mashups. You can find more information about that concept here:

Mashups ‒ Qlik Sense

Or, if you just want to display a single visualization, then you might want to look into this:

Single integration ‒ Qlik Sense

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

The "GetObject" method will give you a handle to the object in you ask for which you can use to perform method calls for that particular object. Typically you will use the returned handle as argument to operations such as "GetProperties" and "GetLayout" to inspect the definition of the object and the values computed for it by the engine. You'll find lots of information on the Engine API at this location:

Qlik Engine API ‒ Qlik Sense

In particular, you might want to look into these pages to learn about the concept of generic objects:

Generic objects ‒ Qlik Sense

Generic object ‒ Qlik Sense

Keep in mind though, that the engine has no knowledge of how to actually render the visualizations. It is the client that handles that part, and it is therefore not possible to extract rendered images from the engine API.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kolsrud,
Thanks for Reply, So that mean, the JSON only send the data, not the graph?
in my case, if i want showing the graph from QlikSense Dashboard, i should recreate the object with JSON data that i get from Engine API right? we should render the visualization manually with the data that we get from JSON.

Regards,

Khrisanto

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Yes, the engine can only provide you with the data of the objects. To embed visualizations in other environments than Qlik Sense, people will typically use mashups. You can find more information about that concept here:

Mashups ‒ Qlik Sense

Or, if you just want to display a single visualization, then you might want to look into this:

Single integration ‒ Qlik Sense