Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III

Nprinting number format

Hi,

When I try to export data into excel (using the not keep formatting) and I want to show the negative number in red so I use format like "#,##0;[Red]-#,##0". but the result is changed to #,##0;__-#,##0. Anyone had similar experience and what is the fix? thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ronald,

When you want to format your cells in XLS you must use "Excel Conditional Formatting" for cells you want to apply collors to!

see screenshots (i did them quickly in Excel, but you would have to do it oin NPrinting designer - template editor and conditional formatting will be applied to the tag representing  your number , like: <nodeXX>:

1.png2.png3.png4.png

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Have you tried using the conditional formatting built into excel?

Layout your table cells in the sheet and highlight the data cells  you want to conditionally format.

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Why don't you do your conditional text column in qlikview object itself (refer to sample attachment). then nprint easy to capture the format.

try to put like below in your expression (measure filed --> under text color)

if(sum(Sales)>0,Black(),Red())

11.png

Note:

if you really wanted to do in nprint custom format like below

#.##0,0;(#.##0,0)

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thanks Devarasu and Andy.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ronald,

When you want to format your cells in XLS you must use "Excel Conditional Formatting" for cells you want to apply collors to!

see screenshots (i did them quickly in Excel, but you would have to do it oin NPrinting designer - template editor and conditional formatting will be applied to the tag representing  your number , like: <nodeXX>:

1.png2.png3.png4.png

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Lech.

I used to open excel template directly and edit from there as it works quicker. and from your post seems like this is not the safest way to edit.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That is still fine.

Just remind me Ronald - are you on version 16 or 17 of NPrinting. In version 16 it was very easy to find and edit template where in version 17 template is tailer in repository files and it has self assigned GUID id which may be difficult to find among other files.

regards

Lech

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

I am using 16.2 and easy to edit the template, just when the template file gets bigger, the speed to edit in designer is very slow.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no worries then

did you actualy solve your issue raised in this topic - If so please mark correct answers?

cheers

Lech