cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show/Hide container is not working instantly in qliksense

Hi everyone,

Can any one help me regarding Show/Hide container in Qlik Sense.Here my problem is it is not instantly even though the condition is changing as expected.

Maps.jpg

In Conditional Visualizations, i have used 2 charts 1 .State Map 2. City Map.

Conditions used for state map is if(GetSelectedCount(StateArea) = 0 , 1, 0)  and for City map is if(GetSelectedCount(StateArea) >1 , 1, 0). When iam selecting any state, condition is changing as expected but chart is not hiding dynamically.

After selecting any state, when i go to previous sheet and coming back to my maps sheet then state map is hiding and city map is showing but on instant it is not changing dynamically. Is any problem with extension or any wrong in my coding?

stevedarkfadyheibajcampsloveisfailutkarshgargstalwar1mtorwunderlichsreerangasane

hic

13 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

How we offer you without file for sample?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is the example file i have done........please find the attachment.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The alternative visualisation functionality has only just been added to Sense in the June 2017 release.  I've not had a chance to try it out myself yet.  As such, there could be glitches with it.

I would recommend that you put your expressions into simple Text objects to see the output from those changing.

Note that GetSelectedCount returns 0 if nothing is selecting (i.e. everything is selected).

You will be much better off using GetPossibleCount,

GetPossibleCount(StateArea) = 1

and

GetPossibleCount(StateArea) <> 1

You don't need to add the IF statements returning 0 or 1, the expression will return the correct value anyway.  Also, I would always go for the same expression for a straight toggle, just with = and <> in there (rather than = and > as you have, as this does not take into account < 0 or null()).

Hope that helps.  It's good to see this functionality finally available and being used in Sense.

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi steve,

Thanks for response. Even though the conditions are changed as you suggested, it is not working as expected.

Same issue as i described above. Instantly hide/show not working

Vandith

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That is sounding like it could be a bug then.  You could try a simpler expression, just to test, perhaps have a variable and set it to 0 / 1 with a button (you will need an extension for this, see https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/toggle-buttons-qlik-sense/ ).

If the issue still occurs with a very simple toggle then I would suggest reporting it as a bug via the Sense June 2017 Technical Preview forum.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Are you using the ShowHide Container [FEI-ShowHide] from Qlik Branch ?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ah.  That would make sense if that were the case.  Been looking in June 2017 and not seen this feature.

Thanks Bill for pointing it out if that is the case.

If so there is no point telling anyone other than the developer on Branch.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes bill, i am using that extension only.

If you have any examples on that, please share with me.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'd appreciate it if you didn't ping (mention) me on your questions unless I have some specific association with your topic.  I answer as many general questions as I can but I can't get them all.

Thanks,

Rob