cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

In N Printing need a way to add month through variable

Hi All,

I have to developed monthly reports which contains YTD also as well as some monthly data for some reports.

So I need selection on months while generating report.

i.e. For Month of July Reports : I have created one variable $(vMonth) where I add values manually MAR,APR,MAY,JUN

because if I add vMAXMonth it will only fetch max month of Jun.

Is there any way to automate this process? with required range.

Note: We run this report to get data range till last month.

2 Replies
prma7799
Master III
Master III

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Mandar,

The tutorial How to Set a QlikView Variable to a Specific Value Using Filters is correct but related to NPrinting 16.* ord older versions. This feature is not yet available in NPrinting 17.*.

If you are using NPritning 17 you can create a filter like the one you can see in the attache image:

- add the field "Year", set Evaluate value from the drop down menu and insert the formula =year(now()) (adapt the formula to your needs)

- add the field "Month", set Evaluate value from the drop down menu and insert the formula =month(now())

- add more "Month" evaluate values with formulas =month(now())-1, =month(now())-2, ... =month(now())-11

The selection on the Year keep only records related to the current year so months from previous year are not selected.

I hope this helps.

YTD Filter.png

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.