Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III

Scrolling in Access Point (IE Plugin) is slow (laggy) - in Firefox not?

Hi,

I have a application with a big pivot table (many dimensions and many expressions). I have an issue with this application when I use it on the Access Point, especially with the Internet Explorer 11.0.42.

When I want to scroll down to the bottom, the table is slow in reaction (about one second time difference) and is very laggy./ delayed.

I tried to find a solution for this and reduced the dimensions and simplified my expressions but in the end this did not bring the desired solution.

Now I found out, that when I switch the browser to firefox and use my application in the Access Point there, the performance is much better.

Do you have similar experience, or Issues?

Thanks for any input.

Chris

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Christian,

What is the QlikView Server build version and the IE Plugin build version? Are they identical?

The Firefox browser would be using the AJAX client and there are some noted differences between AJAX and IE Plugin clients.

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
marcus_sommer

AFAIK the IE plugin rendered the page itself on the local machine and the AJAX plugin used for this respectively the main-parts of displaying any content the qlikview server/webserver.

Also the transfer-rates between server and client might differ between different browsers related to various security-settings, proxy-servers and some other stuff - by small amounts of data which needs to transfer it might be not noticeable but for the amounts of big tables this could be different.

- Marcus

chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Chip,

thanks for your answer.

Can you tell me how to look these  two information up? Can a normal user also get this information (through the Access Point) or do I need access to the QlikView Server config?

Best Regards,

Chris