cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III

schedule mutiple reports from Nprint

I am preparing to schedule a few reports running from Nprint, just wondering as a good practice, is it better to keep all objects in the same qvw file or in different qvw files( which means mutiple sources). thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prma7799
Master III
Master III

It is good practices to keep all object / charts in one QVW sheet wise like sales object in sales tab and finance object in finance tab in near future whenever you want to do changes while generates reports via nprinting you will easily get the objects / charts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Keep all objects in one qvw and apply the filters whatever you want

prma7799
Master III
Master III

It is good practices to keep all object / charts in one QVW sheet wise like sales object in sales tab and finance object in finance tab in near future whenever you want to do changes while generates reports via nprinting you will easily get the objects / charts.

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks.

By keeping all the objects in the same QVW file, I can feel the speed reduced a lot while setting up the later part of the template. Also I sometimes encounter “out of object memory” message. Not so sure whether this is common or something I can do to rectify this?

prma7799
Master III
Master III

Just put only necessary object in qvw file in as minimize mode.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

The folloging suggestions are applicable when you can create a (or many) QlikView documents specifically to be used as NPrinting sources:

1. Save the .qvw with all objects minimized.
  2. Insert in the .qvw file only the objects that you need to create reports.
  3. Avoid calculated fields inside QlikView objects. When possible calculate these values in the script during the data reload.
  4. Avoid to load into the .qvw data that you don't need to create report. Load only the minimum abount of data you need for reports (this should help you to solve the out of memory problem).

Normal situation is to use existing .QVWs, without modifying or creating them, as NPrinting data sources. In that cases the suggestions could be not applicable.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Piccoli