Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II

Performance Issues

Hi,

I am recently having performance issues i.e. taking a while to switch sheets and then loading graphs once in that sheet?! Can anyone out there advise what to change or look out for and if there are any tools out there that would tell me what data to clean up?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Once you have the .mem file of any of your application. You can give it as input to the optimiser application.

What Optimiser will do is, it will give you the total detail of your application, like what object you have used. How much is the size of that object, what is the count and many more things.

This helps you wo understand that what takes more memory and effects the over all performance of your application.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, look for the amount and complexity of sheet objects. Under Settings > Document Properties > General, you can export Memory Statistics that should show you how long it takes to load certain objects etc.

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Johannes, Thanks for this! Which field would you be intesrested the most? i.e.Bytes, Size..etc?

Also I'm sure I seen a Document within the forums that would tell you the performance of a certain Documentand would tell you which fields was not used etc...are you aware of this?

Thanks

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the attached document.

This is used to optimize the performance issue of the document. (Qlikview Application)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Kaushik, I have opened the QlikView Optimizer, when I have gone to my Document to save the mem file it does not save this as that file type but saves this as a text file? when i cahnge the text file from .txt to .mem, the QlikView Optimizer does not look like it recognises the file as the results are not telling me much.

Thanks

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

How are you creating a mem file.

Use this method.

Go to Settings-> Document Properties-> General Tab -> Click Memory Statistic -> Give the name of that file.

And us this file in the Optimiser.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

For some reason it is not savingthe file as a mem extension but saving it as the following "Performance..txt" I have changed this to "Performance..mem" and seems to be working now as before I had the file as "Performance.mem".

Do you know what each field relates to?

Bytes

Count

Size

Also for some reason it is not bring across the CalcTime and AvgCalTime?

Is there anywhere that would tell me which field is not being used within the Document? As I can remit this out when loading the Document.

Thanks

siva_boggarapu
Creator II
Creator II

Hello,

After saving this document with (.mem) extension. How it will work? Can you please explain me with example.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Once you have the .mem file of any of your application. You can give it as input to the optimiser application.

What Optimiser will do is, it will give you the total detail of your application, like what object you have used. How much is the size of that object, what is the count and many more things.

This helps you wo understand that what takes more memory and effects the over all performance of your application.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to save in .mem type but while opening the mem file type it doesn't give any option to open with or can say no support for open. how can we use that file as performance optimizer. Please explain.

Thanks & Regards