Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stascher
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Deploy widget library along with app?

Hello,

I created a widget library and widget on my development server and added the widget to an app. 

I then went to the QMC and exported the app as a qvf,

Next I went to the QMC of my test server and imported the app.qvf.  

When I open the app, it can't find the widget. 

I can see the widget library on the Extensions tab of my dev server's QMC. Unfortunately there is no export option here. Grrr.

So I assume that I have to locate the widget/library on the dev server's file system and manually zip it, then import it into the QMC of my test server. Is this correct?

Assuming it is correct, I did a search of the dev server's file system but that didn't locate anything with either the widget's or the widget library's name.  Should I be seeing it?

Thanks,

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

You have to upload extension separate from the qvf upload and publish process, on every server. Since you have created it, don't you have the zip file? Upload to you test server...

The fllename is not the same on server as the one that you have locally in your zip file. The take the QMC id that was assigned upon uploading

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

You have to upload extension separate from the qvf upload and publish process, on every server. Since you have created it, don't you have the zip file? Upload to you test server...

The fllename is not the same on server as the one that you have locally in your zip file. The take the QMC id that was assigned upon uploading

stascher
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you Yianni.

I think part of the issue with locating the widget is that I didn't create the original widget/library through QlikSense Desktop, but rather through hub on the development server. Does a widget library have to be created in Desktop in order to be able to export/zip it up and deploy it to other servers?

Yianni_Ververis
Employee
Employee

Hello Steven,

Maybe but its best practice since Sense desktop creates all the necessary files for you like the .qext and .wbl.

Best,

Yianni