Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Map to show line of routes between places

Here is my predicament - I have data showing where product is picked up and where it is delivered to. What I would like to create is a map showing a line between where a product is picked up and delivered to. Then, I would also like the thickness of the line to be thicker or thinner depending upon how many times that route is counted in the data.

Is this possible and how would I go about doing this?

Any help is much appreciated!

4 Replies
slondono
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

The route from A to B is easy if you have both points. Just use the route operation. And the thickness of the line i dont really know how. Maybe if you use a high level of Transparency for each line...the lines with more repetitions will see more "dark".

Not applicable
Author

How do I go about doing this?

Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hello Lisa,

Do you already have installed GeoAnalytics? Then, depending on what you mean with showing "a line between where the product is picked and delivered", you have two options:

1) If you want only a straight or a curved line linking the location, you can use a Line Layer providing location name or coordinates for start and end point.

Here you can find some demos: GeoAnalytics for Qlik Sense Guides & Examples

2) If you want the actual route between two points then you need to use the Route operation.

You can check the demos for each GeoAnalytics operation: GeoAnalytics Connector Guides & Examples

Best Regards,

Ana Yakushi

Qlik GeoAnalytics

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hope your query is resolved !

If not here is how you can do it.

First of all create a composite key using the fields which contain A and B.

Put the composite key as dimension in the line layer and put the lat long of point 'A' and point 'B' in the 'from' and 'to' fields of line layer.

For width, use the measure 'count(composite key field)'. This way lines with more transaction between them will be  thicker.