Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect to Qlik Sense Server from other machine on network

Hi

I've installed a clean QS Server instance and all appears to work fine on the server, but I cannot reach QMC or the Hub pages from any other machine on the same internal network.

When I try to access it at https://myservername.com/hub my browser returns a "This site cannot be reached..... ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" message.

If in the virtual proxy settings I change the Authentication access mode from 'No anonymous user' to 'Allow anonymous user', then the same URL will immediately open the Hub page to me. I have not synced this QS Server with our AD directory yet, but in another server instance I recall that users were able to try and reach the hub page and there received an "access denied" message, after which I could see them in the Users list and give them a role, etc. In this case I can't even get that far.

Standard required ports are all open, host white list entries have been added in the virtual proxy. Any suggestions as to what I should check next would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Brett

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Your browser is setup to pass the current user credentials why you open the URL. go to internet options change the settings for both internet and intranet to -> prompt for username and password.

This can be found in internet options -> security -> custom level.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Tried and it doesn't change anything. The URL redirects to https://myservername.com:4244/windows_authentication/?targetId=xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx, then after waiting for a few seconds I get "This site can't be reached" (in Chrome. Same happens in IE).

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

got it. Looks like the port 4244 is blocked outside of server. You have to enable them to get it authenticated.

It works in anonymous mode as it doesn't require authentication module. Even you would get the same error when you hit log in on anonymous mode.

Enable the port to get it working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Problem I have is that our network's WAF, which will expose Qlik Sense to the internet, can only accept Web traffic over ports 80 and 443.  Although the ports can be changed in Qlik Sense's proxy settings, they each have to be unique right? Can this be achieved with just these ports available?

To add to this, my server instance is installed on an AWS Windows server behind AWS's ALB. Are there any specific configuration settings required in the ALB to make this work? (it is the new ALB with WebSockets support, not the former ELB).