Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load IF statement in load editor using variables from multiple tables

Hello,

I have been struggling with this issue for a while now- I am trying to load an if statement in the load editor in Qliksense that uses variables from multiple tables in my model. I tried resident loads but I am either going wrong with the syntax or concept. Using the if condition in the front end gives me results but slows down the performance drastically.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The question is not quite specific, so my answer is generic as well...  You can join several tables to bring all fields that you need in the if() statement into one logical table.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Micheal,

The tables I am using are pulled from different systems- thus some of the tables are joined on inner joins and others are just relationships. Is there a way I can use if statement in the load editor if tables are not joined using joins but based on relationships?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You need to join tables if you want to use fields from the different tables in if().  Based on relationships - you maybe able to resolve it without joining by using exists().  I cannot tell if it is possible in your case.
You can try set analysis instead of if() on the front end.  Anyway, for the best front end performance it's typically better to pre-calculate in the script.

Not applicable
Author

I used set analysis in the front end- it works perfectly but slows the performance drastically. Joining tables in the back end does not seem to work in my case as I am pulling data from different core systems.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, once the data is loaded, it doesn't matter anymore if they're from the different sources or not.  You can join  and/or concatenate whatever you want.