Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Dynamic archive file name - nPrinting

Hi All,

I want the Dynamic Archive file name in nPrinting.

Test_27062017.zip

But the Report name should be static. like "Test"

Can you help on this?

Capture1.JPG

9 Replies
prma7799
Master III
Master III

I think you can change your report name in Reports tab

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi PM,

Thanks!!

Report name is fine. i want the report name should be static. (we have the dynamic option for report and we can compress the report with a dynamic naming).

i want the dynamic zip name and the static report name.

Hope i'm clear.

Archive :  Test_26062017   (Daily basis this should change)

Report  :  Test     (This should not change)

avinashelite

As per my knowledge , I don't think we have a way to set only the Archive file ....change the report name to dynamic name and you could use the same for the Archive purpose

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III
Author

Thanks avinash.

I did the same, but that report is input for another system.

User wants like that naming convention.

avinashelite

then a simply way is to add a macro code to your QV doc and once Archive is done rename the doc to required name using the macro ...you have a option to trigger the macro from NPrinting ..

Hope this helps you

prma7799
Master III
Master III

I think djk‌  will help you on this...

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Dynamic naming is available only for report names and not the zipped archieves, you can create a dynamic folder instead.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi rpc

Thank You.

Can you help me, how to do that?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Give a check to this tutorial Dynamic Output Paths

To create a subfolder per date:

- create a QlikView variable with a formula like =Date(today() ,'YYYYMMDD'). Customize this formula to met your format requirements

- select QlikView variable from the custom path drop down menu

- click on the right dots and select the QlikView variable you just created from the list that appears

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.