Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luisccmm
Creator
Creator

NPrinting Error: Match WorkSheet Function

Hi,

I am using QlikSense 3.2 with NPrinting 17 and I get this error when trying to open the Edit Mode.

NPrinting 17.2.1

QLikSense 3.2. 10.3.5

Error Nprinting17 - QlikSense.png

After that it appears to losse conection as the left window appears empty (as in the image below)

Error Nprinting17 - QlikSense 2.png

How do you fix that?

8 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

you are creating new excel are your using the template which means predefined?

that the issue with excel only try with new excel and create new report.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Luis,

this issue was fixed in the 17.3.0 version. So it should be resolved after an upgrade of your Qlik NPrinting instalaltion.

About upgrading Qlik NPrinting refer to Qlik NPrinting upgrade ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
luisccmm
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Ruggero,

The problem is that the 17.3 is not fixing other problems we are experience between QLikSense and NPrinting, and my IT team doesn´t want to risk the work done so far. We have hear that new versions of NPrinting could not work properly with past Nprintings docs, and some of them took us long time to risk it.

We will not install anything till a new version that fix our major problems.

Any other solution?

luisccmm
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Chanty

I had created a new Excel File, then I closed it and after when I try to open it shows that message and an empty Left window on the Editor Mode.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Ohh!  did you tried to create new connection and new app?

i feel the issue with excel.

in btw check for services are running or not and restart the machine once and give a try.

luisccmm
Creator
Creator
Author

Yess, this is what I am doing. But I see this problem occurs when I change something in Qlik Sense, even if I try reload al tables conected on the Edit Mode (By Remove table, Update Again) the problem occurs again if I change something on Qlik Sense.

But is impractical to have to restart the file everyTime I change somthing on Qlik Sense.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Luis,

Before to upgrade Qlik NPrinting you must create a backup as showed in Backup and restore of a repository ‒ Qlik NPrinting‌ Then you can upgrade and test all you reports in the updated system. If you have any problem you can roll back and restore your previous installation from the backup.

To upgrade Qlik NPritinting refer to Qlik NPrinting upgrade ‒ Qlik NPrinting

You can also create a test environment of the same version you have installed now. Restore your reports in the testing installation, update it to June 2017 and verify that everythig is ok. Only after you update your production installation.

You could also contact your Qlik partner if you need assistance in doing this.

About your sentence "We have hear that new versions of NPrinting could not work properly with past Nprintings docs", please add more details. Where did you hear this? What kind of problems are you referring to? We deeply test all new versions of Qlik NPrinting before to release them so this kind of sentence is very surprising and we want to deeply investigate it. Thanks.

Best,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If 17.3 is "to risky" then upgrade to NPrinting June 2017!

There were known software problems or bugs (and many of those including stability and performance were addressed in

• as well as June 2017 versions.

Explanation that "IT does not want to risk an upgrade is not right as they will still have to follow upgrade path in order to eventually upgrade to version which satisfy you. Then the risk may be even higher and you may already have a lot of legacy rubbish caused by old NPrinting versions.

What are your other issues between QS and NP?

New versions are released because they solve a lot of issues and problems so follow Ruggero's suggestions and do backup and then an upgrade!!

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.