Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

After adding script on reduce the file size , how to know it will not affect the report ?

Hi All

Recently i want to make my QVW file size below 25 Mb. So i add below script into my QVW file. it work fine and can reduce the file size to what i want.

NewFilteredTable:

NOCONCATENATE

LOAD *

RESIDENT sales WHERE

Year_n < 4

DROP TABLES sales;

But the issue is it affect some of the report on sales vs target , the target amount become zero.

For this case Lucky for me i only make one changes. and since the target amount all become zero , i know it is due to add above script. Otherwise i will not be able to figure why ?

My question is after adding new script , how to know it will create any side effect ? Or how to prevent this kind of problem from happening again ?

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

try this

money(

SUM({<Year_n, year = {'$(=Max(year))'}, month = {"<=$(=IF(GetSelectedCount(month), Max({<year = {'$(=Max(year))'}>}month), Num(Month(Today()))))"}>}sales_target/$(Columndim89)/1000)

, $(vMoneyFormatK))

View solution in original post

13 Replies
prma7799
Master III
Master III

You can create copy of your original file and do the changes in copy file you will get changed or side effect.

For target could you please share some sample data with us.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi PM

If you manually select Year_n = 1 2 and 3 , the target data become zero.

Paul Yeo

prma7799
Master III
Master III

Failed to open this document

Kushal_Chawda

You can exclude the year_n selection, if you don't want

money(

SUM({<Year_n, year = {'$(=Max(year))'}, month = {"<=$(=IF(GetSelectedCount(month), Max({<year = {'$(=Max(year))'}>}month), Num(Month(Today()))))"}>}sales_target/1000)

, $(vMoneyFormatK))

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

I have try your expression , but it return zero.

Kushal_Chawda

try this

money(

SUM({<Year_n, year = {'$(=Max(year))'}, month = {"<=$(=IF(GetSelectedCount(month), Max({<year = {'$(=Max(year))'}>}month), Num(Month(Today()))))"}>}sales_target/$(Columndim89)/1000)

, $(vMoneyFormatK))

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Still not working.

Kushal_Chawda

It's working in my application

Kushal_Chawda

Capture.JPG