Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Collating Months in Quarters

Hello All,

I have a number of tables which have been concatenated. I have then used the FileBaseName() function to retrieve the Excel filename and, thus, identify the month the data pertains to.

Would it be possible to organise this data into a quarter? If so, please let me know.

All the best,

Alison

P.S

If it's possible, please can provide a description of how the solution works as if I am just provided with the function, I find it difficult to understand how and why it works.

32 Replies
sunny_talwar

But didn't you pose another question here? Is this related to your initial question? I am confused? Can you clarify what is the issue you are still running into?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the confusion.

I have now been able to produce the min and max values. But I am still struggling with the master calendar. I think I need to rephrase my question.

sunny_talwar

This thread was related to Quarters... where did Min and Max came from? I am completely confused right now.... Have no idea what you want

Not applicable
Author

I thought identifying the min and max was a prerequisite of generating quarters? Is it not?

sunny_talwar

Min and Max are probably the pre-req for creating a calendar, but it is not a pre-req for calculating quarters.

Not applicable
Author

Ah ok, thank you for letting me know.

Do you not need a master calendar to calculate quarters?

sunny_talwar

Do you not need a master calendar to calculate quarters?

Not really....

Not applicable
Author

Ok thank you for letting me know

sunny_talwar

No problem, but where do we stand with regards to this thread? Is this resolved or what else do you need to resolve your issue

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for all the confusion, I was confused about the question I was asking.

So I suppose I was right the first time, I want the months to be collated into quarters. Thank you for your patience!