Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prananellutla
Creator
Creator

search should return the value listed in any col.

Hi

for exam i have 3 cols level 1,level2,level3 ,. when i search for name xyz , my search value might be listed in colq,col2 or col 3 search should look up for that value and allow me to filter the value.

is there a way to achieve this?

thanks

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be search like this for exact matches

("xyz")

prananellutla
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks sunny, the search value could be any thing user wants, it can be xyz or abc .

I have 10 name level columns, I need to bring all these to one col (like a union) . what should be my union expression to use in the filter pan?

sunny_talwar

You should be able to search like this

("Name1"|"Name2"|"Name3"|.....)

prananellutla
Creator
Creator
Author

Apologies Sunny. I should have put  my ask  in detail and in correct format .

I have 3 cols like this and lets say all the alphabets are the values in that . I have to provide a filter option to the users, where they can search any alphabet and can select it to filter on that. I would like to use filter pan in qlik sense visualizations.

name 1name 2name 3
ahj
bky
clf
dig

In the filer dimension expression i used the code you provided ="[JO HM Level1]"|"[JO HM Level2]"|"[JO HM Level3]" , it says invalid dimension.

sunny_talwar

I would create a script like this

Table:

LOAD name1,

name2,

name3

FROM ....;

LinkTable:

LOAD name1 as Name,

'name1' as Flag

Resident Table;

Concatenate(LinkTable)

LOAD name2 as Name,

'name2' as Flag

Resident Table;

Concatenate(LinkTable)

LOAD name3 as Name,

'name3' as Flag

Resident Table;

Once you do this, make a search on the name field and all your linked name1, name2, and name3 will be selected

prananellutla
Creator
Creator
Author

thankyou-  other than writing a scrip to create my custom data item is there is a front end solution where I an write a my set expression ?

sunny_talwar

Are you looking do this for a particular chart? or are you looking to do this to select the possible options in list boxes for the three name? A sample file might help us help you better here to understand what exactly are you trying to do

prananellutla
Creator
Creator
Author

seach example.jpg

sunny_talwar

To see them all in one, I think you will have to modify your script... May be some one else might have other ideas here